We know it’s best to avoid feeding man’s best friend with table scraps, but sometimes those puppy-dog eyes get the best of us and we can’t resist slipping them a treat from our plates. Here’s a list of some items you should never share with your canine companion.
You’ve likely heard that you’re never supposed to feed a dog chocolate, and there’s a reason for that. That delicious candy contains caffeine-like stimulants known as methylxanthines. If ingested in large amounts, chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, seizures and even death.
2. Grapes And Raisins
While this fruit is nutritious for you, it’s toxic to dogs and can cause kidney failure.
They may make you cry, but they can make your dog very sick by causing damage to his red blood cells.
Avocado leaves, fruit, seeds and bark contain a toxin called persin that can cause upset stomach and breathing difficulties.
Even drinking a small amount of alcohol can result in significant intoxication for a dog, which can lead to vomiting, seizures and even death.